H2 ICE research workshop
H2ICE - Research Workshop
Hydrogen in Internal Combustion Engines
Date: 20th of October, 10:00-16:00
Location: Bluepoint conference center, Boulevard Reyers 80, 1030 Brussels + online
Scope: discuss the latest state-of-the-art, opportunities and research challenges for the next years with a multi-stakeholder perspective.
Not-in-scope: regulatory matters or advocacy for a specific solution.
Objective: exchange views and latest experiences from different stakeholders, discuss the potential for LD and HD vehicles, and discuss R&D challenges for the next years, leading to possible collaborative research activity at the European level.
Set-up: physical workshop in Brussels with expert presentations and discussions. Including web conference tool allowing remote participation (hybrid setup).
Engine Technology: SotA and Outlook
- Stefan Hoffman, Hyundai, Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine - A Viable Technology for Carbon Neutrality?
- Gavin Dober, BorgWarner, Application of H2 ICE Technology on a Light Commercial Vehicle
- Stefan Bareiss, Bosch, Hydrogen engine for commercial vehicles
- Lukas Virnich, FEV, Can a hydrogen engine contribute to create sustainable transport solutions?
Efficiency and emissions
- Prof. Zissis Samaras, LAT, Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engines: Emissions and Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems - A Review
- Paul Kapus, AVL, High Efficiency Hydrogen ICE, Carbon Free Powertrain for Passenger Cars and Commercial Vehicles
- Maximilian Brauer, IAV, Analysis of zero emission capability from hydrogen internal combustion engines
- Nicolas Obrecht, TotalEnergies, Engine lubricant: an enabler for sustainable H2-ICE mobility?
- Sasa Marinic, TotalEnergies, H2 Production and Infrastructure for ICE
- Dr. Ulrich Kramer, Ford, FVV, Environmental Impact Assessment (focus on GHG) and Economic Analysis (Extract of results of FVV Fuels Study IV and IVb)